Scares at ‘Spook Fest’

Scares at Spook Fest
Photo by John Schreiber, The Daily Campus
Scares at ‘Spook Fest’

Scares at ‘Spook Fest’ (Photo by John Schreiber, The Daily Campus)

Program Council got in the Halloween spirit last night with Spook Fest! at Letterman Hall. In addition to the standard Thursday night movie, PC debuted its haunted house inside the soon-to-be-destroyed building.

“We wanted to try something new this year – and we knew that Letterman Hall was going to be torn down soon, so it seemed like a good idea,” said PC Films Chair Jennifer Pace.

The haunted house was on the second floor and featured 10 rooms, each with a different theme.

“The clown room was the scariest,” sophomore Brittney Honoray said.

Sophomore Janicka Arthur agreed and also thought the dead bride’s room was scary.

“It was funny, you were anticipating what would happen, but they would still find a way to shock you,” Arthur said.

Other rooms included the dot room, double vision room, panic room, vampire room, many masks room, scarecrow room, executioner room and psychic room.

Before being allowed in the house, participants had to sign a waiver. Then, groups ranging in size from four to eight were taken from room to room by one of the PC tour guides. According to one of the guides, sophomore Lulu Seikaly, the groups were willing to take in the full experience.

“They have been very responsive to it – they think the rooms are scary, and that’s good,” she said.

Pace said the event had a much higher turnout than expected.

“A lot of people have come by to go through the house and watch the movie,” she said.

Many who left the house told their tour guides that PC should have the house again next year, according to Seikaly.

Also going on with the haunted house was the PC Thursday night movie. Students sat on the grass and watched the film “Saw,” which was projected onto the side of Letterman Hall.

PC continues its month-long showing of scary movies next Thursday at 8 p.m. in the Hughes-Trigg Theater.