iStyle: Fashion goes high-tech

As I was working out in the new Dedman Center this week, I happened to take note of something. Every single person around me had on headphones but not just any headphones – the signature white ones that are connected to the one and only iPod.

This MP3 player has the capability of holding thousands of songs. From the regular iPod to the “mini” and now the “Nano.” The “Nano” is the newest model of iPod, capable of doing all the same things as its predecessor, while showing videos. The “Nano” is also much smaller, with a wider screen.

With new electronics coming out what seems like every week, it becomes harder to keep up with the newest items.

I recently purchased the iPod “Nano” a few weeks ago under the impression that I was getting the latest and best MP3 player. What’s a girl to do when a new one comes out two weeks later? How are we ever able to keep up with the fashionable electronic trends? Since it’s not feasible to buy a new electronic every week, I suggest going for what you like most and what fits your personal lifestyle and budget the best.

While Apple comes out with new iPods almost every week, cell phone companies are not too far behind in presenting new phones quarterly.

The latest phone people are trying to get is the Motorola “Razr.” The sleek, new look of the Razr phone is very appealing and quite fashion forward.

Verizon has come out with the new LG VX9800. This phone claims to be able to do it all with a speakerphone, camera, MP3 player, QWERTY keyboard and Bluetooth capability.

For the super-trendy, decorative protective covers are increasingly becoming a fashion statement. Depending on the electronic, be it a laptop, phone or MP3 player, they all appear to be very well dressed in designer fabrics. With designers such as Coach, Louis Vuitton and Juicy Coture offering iPod and cell phone covers, it is easy to find an e-accessory to match your designer purse. These protective covers come in corduroy, tweed, rubber and cotton and they are making the already sleek looking devices appear even trendier.

Crystal McCullough is a sophomore corprate communication and public affairs major. She can be contacted at [email protected].