Lublu by Kira Plastinina takes Stanley Korshak

Kira Plastinina, SMU student and international fashion designer, lit up the room when she walked into The Shak store in Stanley Korshak for the launch of her clothing line LUBLU to Dallas stores April 30 at 7 p.m.

The trunk show began with waiters offering cocktails and appetizers to all the editors, fashion ambassadors, and many Stanley Korshak representatives an hour prior to the LUBLU fashion show. All guests were anxious to see what Plastinina had in store for them that evening.

By 7 p.m. The Shak was packed and all guests began to line up along the outsides of the runway with Plastinina’s signature logo at the finale. About nine models showed a total of 20 looks from her spring-summer line.

According to Plastinina, her inspiration started with Brazilian fashion and then merged into a tribal theme. She was excited to show off the bright colors and prints that comprised the upbeat collection.

The runway way was covered with models in fun-patterned skirts, edgy leather dresses, and trendy crop jackets that left the crowd coveting her designs and enthusiastic to order. The finale was a show-stopper, a long legged model strutting in an unforgettable, youthful and classy red dress.

Plastinina said, “Lublu is like a state of mind.”

This fashion designer doesn’t try to target a specific age group, but rather construct a wardrobe women choose because it makes them feel comfortable and confident.

Plastinina said, “There are three words we use to describe LUBLU: feminine, savvy, and daring.”

Plastinina was not willing to give too many details on next season’s collections. Although she is nearly finished designing it, with maybe a few minor adjustments, she wants to keep it under wraps for now.

Kelle Knight, Plastinina’s publicist at Derose Public Relations, has worked with Plastinina for about five months and believes that great things lie ahead for her young, bright client. Plastinina has great positioning in Dallas, and her national campaign is still in the works according to Knight.

“She is a great example for college kids everywhere,” Knight said, ” She has the kind of passion that will take her a long way.”