What’s on stage in September

While Austin may be known as the live music capital of the U.S., Dallas is slowly working its way up the music scene with a variety of different shows.

This month Dallas has several concerts hitting the metroplex with tunes from reggae to pop.

Starting Sept. 15, concert fans can take their pick between indie rock band Bright Eyes at the Palladium Ballroom or up-and-coming Foster the People at the House of Blues.

Although Bright Eyes may not sound familiar, they are often compared to The Shins.

Foster the People is most well known for their song, “Pumped Up Kicks.”

The very next day, Sept. 16, TV On the Radio along with Broken Social Scene will stop by the Dallas House of Blues before their Austin City Limits Festival sets.

Electronic lovers rejoice. On both Sept. 17 and Sept. 18 is Deadmau5 will be at the Palladium Ballroom. Prepare for a sea of mouse ears and hands in the air.

Fans of Deadmau5 will also enjoy Skrillex playing at the Palladium Ballroom on Sept. 28.

Maroon 5, along with Train, will perform at the Gexa Energy Pavilion on Sept. 23. Maroon 5’s lead singer, Adam Levine, is said to have “Moves like Jagger.”

On Sept. 24, one of America’s best rock bands will be gracing Dallas with their presence.

Journey plays at Gexa Energy Pavilion, delivering tunes suitable for all age groups.

Sept. 29 is an Incubus tour stop at the Gexa Energy Pavilion. Though Incubus may not have been popular since middle school, their music will never get old.

Another middle school throwback Blink-182 will perform at the same venue just a couple of days before on Sept. 27.