Sparks tops charts

Nicholas Sparks has two books topping the New York Time’s Bestseller list this week.
Joining the list with the recent Hollywood crossover, “Dear John” is Spark’s book “The Last Song.” Published last year, “The Last Song” tells the story of seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller.

The book begins three years after her parent’s divorce, with Ronnie still recovering from her world being torn apart and still angry at her father.

As summer nears, her mother has resolved that Ronnie and her younger brother, Jonah, will spend it with her father in the small beach town he has recently moved to. 

After the divorce, Ronnie has refused to speak to her father and spends her time partying.

“The Last Song” nicely avoids being overly clichéd, instead offering a raw, heart-breaking look at the love between a father and a daughter, emphasizing the importance of that relationship.
And what would a Sparks’ novel be without the exploration of a girl’s first love?

If the book doesn’t spark your interest (pun completely intended), there’s no need to worry about missing out.

The film is set to come out at the beginning of April.