Becks Prime second location hits Greenville

Becks Prime offers a variety of classic meal options (Tashika Varma / The Daily Campus)

Dallas welcomes a Houston favorite burger chain – Becks Prime. Becks Prime first opened in 1985 with a location in central Houston on Kirby Drive.

The founders – Mike Knapp (operations manager of nine Steak & Ale restaurants), John Storms (burger enthusiast) and Win Campbell (foodie, one-time burger flipper) – came together in the summer of 1984 and opened the first restaurant.

Their goal was fresh, high-quality, cooked-to-order burgers, sandwiches and other entrees.

And they achieved just that. With 12 Houston locations, the company decided to make its way north to Dallas with a location on Forest Lane and now its newest location on Greenville Avenue and University Boulevard.

The chain has stayed close to its goals with the new location. The interior decor has a ton of open space, which give a casual feel to the restaurant. It feels spacious and casual, yet intimate.

For warmer weather, they also have outdoor patio seating and for those who don’t even want to come into the restaurant, they have a convenient drive-thru. Where else in Dallas can you get a tender steak through a drive-thru.

No matter what you order off the menu, it tastes fresh. The burgers are juicy and made from Angus beef, always fresh and never frozen.

Don’t forget to order fries because these silvers are crispy, salty, flavorful and addicting. A must try is the bacon cheeseburger made with 1/2 pound certified Angus chuck, crisp bacon, cheese, mustard, pickle, onion, lettuce and tomato.

The California burger is also a great choice for guacamole lovers. You can also add additional toppings like cheese, bacon, guacamole, chili, sauteed onions and sauteed mushrooms for a small price to any burger you order.

If you’re not in the mood for beef, don’t worry, Becks Prime offers a variety of sandwiches from chicken to veggie to even Ahi tuna.

The restaurant also offers entrees, steaks, baked potatoes, hotdogs and mouth-watering milkshakes.

The chilli cheese dog is another must try because its made with butterflied 1/4 lb boar’s head, chili, cheddar cheese and onion. The shakes are a worth try, especially the Hershey’s chocolate and strawberry flavored shakes.

For the over 21 crowd, Becks Prime also offers wine and beer at their Dallas Greenville location.

Although your meal is cooked-to-order, the restaurant is a little pricey, but if you don’t eat there everyday it’s worth it if you’re sticking with burgers and fries.

The steaks on the other hand are about $30. For steaks, it’s better off going to a nice steakhouse to splurge.

Becks Prime is the second addition to that area of Greenville, with the first being Start.

Greenville Avenue is changing with the welcoming of new restaurants to cater to the residential area surrounding it.

Becks Prime is a must-try restaurant for the burger lovers out there.