Liquify your lunch at The Gem

The+Gem%2C+located+at+7721+Inwood+Road%2C+is+Dallas%E2%80%99+newest+juice+bar.+
Spencer J Eggers/The Daily Campus
The Gem, located at 7721 Inwood Road, is Dallas’ newest juice bar.

The Gem, located at 7721 Inwood Road, is Dallas’ newest juice bar. (Spencer J Eggers/The Daily Campus)

The Gem, Dallas’ newest juice bar, opened at the beginning of March. The place can be hard to find since it’s located inside Duo, a culinary event venue, but the setting makes for a fresh and trendy atmosphere.

The continual grinding of fresh vegetables, fruits, and other good-for-you ingredients gives the whole venue a organically fresh scent that will make you feel healthier just by taking a whiff.

In addition to a handful of fresh juice blends that are made to order, The Gem also serves up smoothies and a small offering of snacks, like kale salad and handmade hummus. The menu, save for the juices and smoothies, constantly changes.

Their most popular juice, the Green Glow, combines kale, apple, cucumber, lemon and ginger. To say the least, this juice has a good kick to it. The ginger is strong, borderline overpowering, but after the first few sips the flavor is more palatable.

However, unless you plan to make a meal out of juice, the price tag is pretty steep at $6 a glass. But if a glass of juice is your kind of meal, then you’re looking at an average price.