Breaking news: Parr signs off

Breaking News,

I walked into my last class of college Tuesday. The class was Intro to New Testament and we ended the semester covering the Book of Revelation. It seems fitting that this would be the subject to complete my education, because it is, indeed, the end of all (college) things for me.

I’ve enjoyed my time here at SMU. But I have to keep telling myself that this time was always temporary, no matter how permanent I would like it to be. College was just a stepping stone to bigger things. However, I will miss it greatly.

If I were to leave the SMU community a piece of advice, it would be to soak up every last sweet drop of this experience. This year I have found myself growing disappointed in underclassmen that blow off campus traditions. If I could, I would ask for another four years on this campus, another Homecoming, just one more Sing Song performance, one more game of ultimate Frisbee on the main quad.

I attended SMU from 2007 to 2011. These are the book ends, the beginning and the end, the alpha and omega of my college career. The “books” in between include stories from my first year living in Smith Hall, my time in Beta Upsilon Chi Christian Fraternity, relationships that meant the most, the break ups that hurt the most, my three years as a resident assistant and dealing with crazy first-years, dancing in Mustang Mavericks and of course, working for The Daily Campus.

My time working with this staff has been an experience I will never forget.

This is Joshua Parr, signing off. Good luck to you all.

Joshua Parr has served as managing editor, online editor and layout editor of The Daily Campus. He is a senior journalism major and can be reached for comments or questions at [email protected].