Daily Campus to host Dallas Mayoral debate

Dallas mayoral candidates will be discussing the city’s issues in our own Hughes-Trigg theater this Tuesday evening with the Campus Debate, hosted by The Daily Campus and KTVT, the local CBS affiliate.

Candidates David Kunkle, Ron Natinsky, Edward Okpa and Mike Rawlings will be asked questions by a panel composed of Dallas media members. KTVT’s Doug Dunbar will be the evening’s moderator, asking questions submitted by the community.

The questions will primarily focus on education, city planning, the budget, and the development of South Dallas.

A student steering committee organized the event with KTVT. The Daily Campus Politics Editor Jessica Huseman led the committee, which includes Chad Cohen, president of SMU College Republicans; Adriana Martinez, opinion editor of the Daily Campus.

The event is also supported by the Advocate, SMU Debate, SMU Communication Department, College Republicans, the White Rock Lake Weekly and the John G. Tower Center.

The debate will be aired live on KTVT at 7 p.m. Tuesday.

While the majority of seats will be free and open to the public for the event, students may also get seats in the reserved section by emailing a RSVP to [email protected] from their SMU accounts.

If you would like to volunteer at the event, please contact Jessica Huseman at [email protected].

Candidates for city council will also be on hand in the foyer at informational booths to discuss their campaigns with attendees.

For more information on the debate and the candidates, please visit www.politically-inclined.com.