Cowboys play Ravens Sunday

Ware (84) takes down Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler Oct. 1 in Arlington.
AP

Ware (84) takes down Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler Oct. 1 in Arlington. (AP)

Coming into a tough, week six road game against the Baltimore Ravens, the Cowboys have to hope that its early bye week has given time for Tony Romo and the Dallas receiving corps to fix some of the monumental miscues that happened in week four.

When we last saw this Dallas offense, we witnessed Romo throw five interceptions in a Monday night loss to the Chicago Bears.

Romo was embarrassed by a Chicago team that leads the league in interceptions and turnovers.

Heading to Baltimore this week, the Cowboys’ offense faces no weak opponent. Veterans Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are likely salivating after watching tape on Dallas and its offense that has been stagnant in recent weeks.

Along with great defensive leaders, the Ravens also boast the league’s best home record over the last 14 seasons. Over that span the Ravens have an astonishing record of 84-31 at the stadium now known as M&T Bank Stadium.

For the Cowboys and its fans, the chemistry between Dez Bryant and Romo will be the area under the most scrutiny on Sunday.

In their last game, multiple plays exposed the tandem’s complete lack of rapport. It’s hard to know where to place most the blame.

It has been well documented that Bryant has had issues with understanding route running in the NFL, but Romo has struggled throwing to everyone recently.

With each player possessing as much talent as almost anyone playing their positions in the league, it will only become more frustrating if they continue to struggle.

Not helping to alleviate frustration has been the Cowboys’ offensive line. The Cowboys’ defense may be more frustrated than even die-hard Dallas fans this season. Led by linebackers DeMarcus Ware and Sean Lee, the Cowboy’s defense this year has allowed the fewest total yards through week six. They also allow a league low 169 pass yards per game with the addition of new starting corners Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr.

The Cowboys and Romo have a chance to prove a lot against a well-respected team this Sunday. Look for Jason Garrett to feed DeMarco Murray to take pressure of Romo and his offensive line.