Spring forward with a new watch

Spring forward with a new watch
Michael Kors

(Michael Kors )

Time management is the essence of every college student’s existence.

Between studying, sleeping and socializing, 24 hours can easily pass by.

Getting a grip on time management starts with reaching for some strong hands: the hour and minute hand on a shiny new watch.

While some may find it annoying, the rhythmic ticking of a watch makes one distinctly aware that time is slipping away.

Wasting time becomes second nature when you’re constantly aware of the hours and minutes left in a day.

The hour before class doesn’t surprisingly turn into a mere twenty minutes when you’re wearing a watch.

Switching from campus life to corporate life for interviews, internships, and work becomes easier as well.

A watch reveals time sensitivity and practicality that receives praise from employers and peers.

Old watches may have been bulky and boring, but modern watches are a reflection of values, personality and lifestyle.

Just like the human face is the window to the soul, the watch face is a window to time management.

Macro-manage? Traditional ticks and numbers work for you.

Micro-manage? Digital readouts and second hands work for you.

A simple glance at your wrist face can let you know how much time is left before you go.

Modern watch sizes go one of two directions: big or small.

As picking a face is based on time management style, picking a size is based on personal wrist size.

Small wrist, small watch. Big wrist, big watch.

Mixing and matching could be fun or a disaster; it all depends on the watch material.

Metal watches emphasize sturdiness and stability, another employee-impressing bonus.

Silver and gold are the traditional colors of the metallic spectrum, but the range has expanded to include rose gold, a cooper and gold alloy, and black metal, a variation of steel.

Feminine or masculine, metal is a good choice.

While metal options are growing, nothing can compare to the stylistic diversity of silicon.

Moving from cookware to wrist wear, silicon is advantageous for many reasons.

It’s sturdy like metal, but flexible and colorful.

Silicon watches emphasize flexibility, an important part of time management.

In a perfect world, actually sticking to the four hours allotted for studying would be wonderful.

But things change. Real time management is taking the punches and rolling with it.

Forgot the gym today? Plan for some extra reps tomorrow.

It’s all about having the tools to succeed, whether it’s a notebook planner, ALEC time awareness sheet, or a Michael Kors rose gold watch.

Keeping track of time via wristwatch may not be for everyone, but there’s definitely a watch out there for everyone.

As they creep into the accessory world, watches are getting bigger and better in terms of function, size and material.

Purchasing a watch is a best way to beat the clock for the spring semester.

With time on your side, or your wrist, there’s no telling what you can accomplish or where you can go this semester.

Wind it up and watch you go.