SMU men’s golf finishes seventh at Aggie Invitational; Kraft places fourth individually

The SMU men’s golf team placed seventh at the Aggie Invitational over the weekend, finishing ahead of No. 24 Oklahoma and Conference USA foe Tulsa.

The Mustangs posted a 1,136 in the play-six, count-five 54 hole event.

SMU had a solid showing from senior No. 59 Kelly Kraft who individually tied for 4th overall at even (216).

A final round of 73, his worst of the tournament, doomed any chance Kraft had at winning the individual championship or placing in the top three. Kraft placed ahead of 13 top 100 ranked golfers.

SMU juniors Matt Schovee and Max Buckley finished in the top 40, tying for 14th and 38th, respectively. James Kwon (T47th) and Marc Sambol (T54th) also contributed to the seventh place finish.

Also competing for the Ponies were Harry Higgs and Aaron Stewart who finished tied for 57th and 61th respectively.

The Aggie Invitational was won by the host team, Texas A&M. The Aggies finished with a score of 1,085, while Oklahoma State came in second with a score of 1,103. The Cowboys also claimed the individual champion, U.S. Amateur Champion Peter Uihlein.

SMU will return to the course on April 24 as they take part in the Conference USA Championship.