SMU grads miss cut at Byron Nelson

Colt Knost and Kelly Kraft played their last rounds in the HP Byron Nelson Championship Friday in front of a crowd of 63,000 people.

After a 7-over par performance on Thursday, Kraft came out with more to prove in the second round. His birdie on No. 4 was followed by three bogeys. In the back nine Kraft shot five straight pars, but struggled to finish the round with two more bogeys and a double-bogey on hole 16.

Kraft finished 6-over par, which meant 6-over the cut to make it into the third round on Saturday. He finished the tournament placed T149.

Knost started strong on the back nine with two birdies in the first three holes. He shot a bogey on No. 14 and trouble continued as he bogeyed five more wholes before finishing 4-over par.

Like his fellow SMU graduate, Knost did not make the cut for the third round. He placed T111 on the leaderboard.

Heading into the third round, three Americans, Jason Dufner (-7), Chad Campbell (-6) and Thursday’s leader Ryan Palmer (-6), topped the leaderboard.