Five-star recruit Keith Frazier commits to SMU

Keith Frazier, ranked in Rival’s Top 100, committed to SMU Tuesday.
Courtesy of rivals.com

Keith Frazier, ranked in Rival’s Top 100, committed to SMU Tuesday. (Courtesy of rivals.com)

After only one full year as head coach, Larry Brown is already making an impact on the future of the men’s basketball team; the latest of which will be coming in the form of five-star recruit and rivals.com’s 22nd ranked player in the nation Keith Frazier.

The Kimball High School player tweeted his intentions on Tuesday, stating, “Ya boy a SMU Mu$tang lets get it!”

Many high profile programs were in search of Frazier’s talents before and after his official visit to the Hilltop in February revisited the likes of Florida, Arizona and Texas Tech.

According to rivals.com, the 6-foot-5 shooting guard was close to joining the Red Raiders before changes at the program in Lubbock gave way to the Mustangs signing their highest-caliber recruit to date.

Frazier joins an already solid recruiting class, including fellow guard and Chicago native, Sterling Brown, along with forwards Ben Moore and Yanick Moreira.

Although the latter three will be able to help many depth concerns coach Brown faced in the middle and late portions of the season, the McDonald’s All-American Frazier will almost definitely standout amongst his peers on the court.

Expectations were already sky high when Brown decided to join SMU’s program and bringing in high-profile talent was something of a given. With Frazier’s signing and several key players coming off of NCAA transfer restrictions, Brown will have several options to go to and much more depth when games are on the line.