I’d Rather-Be-Shopping

With the holidays fast approaching and finals starting, you may have missed the great deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

‘Don’t fret.

There is an alternative that allows you to get the same discounts at a variety of well-known retailers without having to visit the stores in person.

And it’s not Groupon — it is Rather-Be-Shopping.com.

“Our site, Rather-Be-Shopping.com, specializes in online coupons,” founder Kyle James said.

Rather-Be-Shopping.com currently has over 3,000 online coupons on its website covering nearly 750 stores.

Some of the top national retailers featured on the site include Best Buy, Eddie Bauer, Lands’ End, Walmart, Target, Dell and many more.

This number has consistently grown since its founding in December 2000.

Since its debut, Rather-Be-Shopping has been featured in a variety of media outlets including The Today Show and MSNBC.

So what’s the differentiator when comparing Rather-Be-Shopping.com to Groupon?

Coupon alerts.

Registering with Rather-Be-Shopping.com, which is free, allows users to sign up for Coupon alerts, where they can pick their favorite stores and get an email when a coupon corresponding with their criteria is added to the website.

More than simply being able to access these coupons the day they are released, a registered user can save coupons to his or her account and use them at a later date.

According to James, “Visitors spend on average three minutes on Rather-Be-Shopping.com and save $14 in the process.”

The idea for the website is not to have visitors linger on the site for long periods of time, but to allow them to search for needed coupons and move along to other websites to use them.

However, there is another competitive edge that makes Rather-Be-Shopping.com stand out from other daily deal and coupon sites.

Not only does Rather-Be-Shopping.com provide coupons for the latest deals from retailers but James also runs a blog that correlates with the idea of saving money.

His blog features different ways to save money while stretching it as far as possible. James’ tips for spending frugally include links to websites where deals are happening as well as ways to keep up with social media.

So if you’re procrastinating studying for finals or you’ve refreshed your Facebook News Feed so many times that nothing new has been posted, this may be a site worth visiting to help you get the most out of the money you’re willing to spend for gifts this holiday season.