Cowboys 2-0, face Giants Sunday

Rookie Morris Claiborne makes a tackle against the Giants Sept. 5.
AP

Rookie Morris Claiborne makes a tackle against the Giants Sept. 5. (AP)

The Dallas Cowboys looks to continue the success the team had in its season opener when it faces the Seahawks Sunday at 3:05 pm. With another road win, the Cowboys will start the season 2-0 for the first time in four seasons.

Tony Romo will go for his fourth consecutive win over a Seattle team that lost to the Arizona Cardinals last week. Romo was sharp in the Cowboys season opener against the defending world champion Giants, throwing for 307 yards and three touchdowns.

The Cowboys’ secondary, which was heavily invested in during the offseason, held the reigning Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning to passing only 213 yards last week. Cornerbacks Brandon Carr and rookie Morris Claiborne will face rookie quarterback Russell Wilson who struggled in his NFL debut last weekend.

After Wednesday night, the Cowboys will have a full 10 days of rest entering into Sunday’s showdown. With plenty of preparation time, the Cowboys should be able to keep Wilson contained.

After a week of begging coach Jason Garrett and tweeting inspirational Marine quotes, Jason Witten started in spite of his lacerated spleen last week. Romo will be glad to have one his favorite targets back in full form.

Romo may be creating a new favorite target in Kevin Ogletree. Posted up eight receptions, 114 yards and two touchdowns last week.

Felix Jones seems to already be forgotten. After losing his starting job in the offseason to the former Oklahoma star DeMarco Murray, Jones had zero carries against the Giants last week. Jerry Jones likely hopes to see more out of his fellow Razorback this weekend, but will be fine with Murray racking up another 130-yard performance against the Seahawks.

Returning to the field from injury this week are ProBowl defensive tackle Jay Ratliff and cornerback Mike Jenkins.

Both defenders sat out last week against the Giants and will add to a Cowboys defense that already looked elite in the opener.

One of the few questionable spots on the Cowboys’ defense was the second middle linebacker position. That question was answered last Wednesday night by last year’s second-round draft pick Bruce Carter. Carter was second only to Sean Lee in tackles against the Giants.

The Cowboys should have this victory easily on paper, but the former USC head coach Pete Carroll knows how to motivate his players.

The Cowboys will look to build on its success in the Giants game while focusing on the new weekend and the new opponent.