Dallas embraces world-wide shopping initiative

Cox+students+model+the+Fashion%E2%80%99s+Night+Out+T-shirt.+
Photo courtesy of Fashion’s Night Out
Cox students model the Fashion’s Night Out T-shirt.

Cox students model the Fashion’s Night Out T-shirt. (Photo courtesy of Fashion’s Night Out)

Tonight is Fashion’s Night Out, the second annual evening devoted to celebrating fashion and inspiring retail.

Fashion’s Night Out was launched in 2009 by Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America and NYC & Company in response to the global economic downturn and its effect on the fashion industry.

Last year’s event was a huge success in New York City, with over 700 stores participating, each featuring unique incentives in an effort encourage people to shop again.

There was food, music, and freebies. Stores even featured celebrities and designers out of their element, including Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen bartending at Barney’s NYC, Rag & Bone designers, David Neville and Marcus Wainwright, who challenged shoppers to in-store ping-pong matches and Vogue’s infamous Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour hanging out at Macyís!

But this year, the Fashion’s Night Out buzz has spread, and retailers across the globe are all on board with the cause, including stores in Dallas.

Stores all around town have plans to stay open late tonight and entertain shoppers with parties and events.

Come to Neiman Marcus NorthPark and see SMU alumna and local jewelry designer, Amber Venz, compete in a live styling competition judged by a notable fashion faces of Dallas, like the Dallas Morning New’s Jason Sheeler and Kimberly Schlegel Whitman, and unexpected fashion fan, Dallas Maverick Jason Terry.

The Shak at Stanley Korshak is hosting a line-up of fashion shows – Red Valentino hits the runway at 6:30 p.m., followed by 3.1 Phillip Lim at 7:30 p.m. and local designer Abi Ferrin at 8:30 p.m. Sip and snack, while DJ Wade Hampton spins, and get your picture snapped by fashion photographers Richard Krall and Antony Chaing.

The SMU Retail Club is hosting a party at Madewell in NorthPark Center from 5 to 7 p.m. Company executives will be talking to students about the J.Crew corporation and the business side to fashion industry. Enjoy sweets and soda-pop, and receive 15% off with your SMU student I.D.

Not in the mood to socialize? Sit back, relax and celebrate Fashion’s Night Out at AMC NorthPark where the Dallas Film Society will hose a special screening of the ultimate fashion film, The Devil Wears Prada, at 7 p.m.

In Highland Park Village, every single store is participating in Fashion’s Night Out with bites, beverages, live music and more. Highlights include complimentary mini manicures at Chanel by Frederic Fekkai manicurists; Anthropologie is hosting a fall fashion show led by their new, in-store personal shopper; toast champagne with FD Luxe Editor-in-Chief Tracy Hayes at Ralph Lauren; celebrity photographer, David Woo is signing books at Vince and strut in the brand new Christian Louboutin boutique from 8 to 11 p.m. while browsing the collection of coveted red soles.

The Fashionistas, a non-profit organization with a mission to celebrate fashion as an art form by sponsoring exhibitions and educational programs in Dallas, is hosting a fashionable fête at Barneys NYC in NorthPark Center from 6 to 8 p.m. A percentage of the nightís purchases will go to the Fashionistas. RSVP at [email protected]

Everyone in Dallas will be celebrating Fashion’s Night Out, the Fashionistas Founder Heidi Dillon said. Stores all over town will be buzzing with excitement as we celebrate the biggest fashion party in history at Macy’s!

But this year the Fashion’s Night Out buzz has spread and retailers across the globe are fully onboard with the cause, including Dallas.

Come to Neiman Marcus NorthPark and see SMU alumna and local jewelry designer Amber Venz compete in a live styling competition judged by a handful of notable Dallas fashion faces like The Dallas Morning News’ Jason Sheeler and Kimberly Schlegel Whitman, and unexpected fashion fan, Dallas Maverick Jason Terry.  

The SMU Retail Club is hosting a party at Madewell in NorthPark Center from 5 to 7 p.m. Company execs will be talking to students about the J.Crew corporation and the business side to the fashion industry.

Enjoy sweets and soft drinks, and with your SMU student ID receive 15 percent off.

Not in the mood to socialize? Sit back, relax and celebrate Fashion’s Night Out at AMC NorthPark and The Dallas Film Society with a special screening of the ultimate fashion film, “The Devil Wears Prada,” at 7 p.m.

In Highland Park Village every single store is participating in Fashion’s Night Out with bites, beverages, live music and more.  

“Everyone in Dallas will be celebrating Fashion’s Night Out,” The Fashionistas founder Heidi Dillon said.

“Stores all over town will be buzzing with excitement as we celebrate the biggest fashion party in history.”